10 office products that need to be recharged often
Some office products can be purchased once and last for many years until they are damaged, lost or obsolete. Others will require regular replenishment to maintain your stock and ensure your office can function professionally and efficiently. Here are 10 such items you could include when making your next office supply order.
1. Tape may not be used that often in offices, but when it is needed, it’s usually with some urgency – such as reinforcing packaging that needs to be sent to a customer. For this reason, it’s always a good idea to check regularly to make sure someone hasn’t used up the last reel.
2. Post it notes also tend to sell out quickly, largely due to their immense popularity among office workers. They’re great for messages, reminders and other notes, so make sure your staff have access to them as and when they’re needed.
3. A staple can last a lifetime, but staples don’t. They are used to keep important files together for both internal and external use. If it’s been a while since you last checked your stock of staples, do so before placing your next order.
4. Running out of paper when you need to print an important document, such as a proposal or an internal memo, can lead to an embarrassing situation. This is why it is very important to have enough printer paper. You may also want to order something more than your standard A4 paper. Important documents going to customers and suppliers may need to be printed on high-quality printer paper.
5. You will also need to make sure that your printers have enough ink in them. This one can strike unexpectedly if regular checks aren’t carried out, so it pays to have plenty of spares in your office supply cupboard. However, make sure you keep a close eye on what you have in reserve.
6. Printers aren’t the only machines that require ink. You should also check your copier to make sure you have enough cartridges for it. Having to make multiple copies of important documents when the copier is out of ink can cause problems on several levels.
7. If your office does a lot of mail, such as sending checks or invoices, it will need a sufficient supply of envelopes to ensure that the finance and administrative departments are functioning properly.
8. Run out of coffee at the office and you’ll know about it soon enough. Staff will require the kitchen to be well stocked with teas, coffee and milk, so when something like this runs out, placing a replacement order will be a top priority. Ideally, you’ll want to place your order when supplies are low, rather than leaving it until your staff complains.
9. Pens disappear. A lot. And you never want to be in the awkward position of having nothing to write with. It’s a good idea to order a lot of pens with blue or black ink, as well as a few red ones (because they always come in handy).
10. You’ll also need to make sure your staff have access to new notepads to take notes, brainstorm ideas and store important information.
#office #products #recharged