A quick guide to studying abroad

A quick guide to studying abroad

Most students want to study abroad for independence, for their desire to learn the language and culture of other people, to travel and to impress future employers. The easiest way to learn a language or culture is through immersion. Live in the country and communicate with people whose language and culture you want to learn.

If you love to travel and study at the same time, then study abroad. You will not spend all your time within the university. You may have some free time to explore the country and see their most famous places.

When you have a course in mind and can afford it, you can choose to study in a country that is best related to the course. If you want to study engineering, you can go to Germany; if you want to do art and design then Australia is your destination. If you want to excel in business, the US has the best MBA programs such as Stanford, Harvard, Columbia, Cornell, MIT, UCLA, Berkeley, Yale and NYU.

Preparing for a successful career can also lead a student to study abroad. A foreign school looks good on a resume and can impress future employers.

US Student Visa

There are three types of nonimmigrant student visas:

1. F Visa – For international students who intend to pursue academic degrees. There are other types of F visas:

  • F-1 visas for full-time students
  • F-2 visas for dependents of F-1 visa holders (spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21).

2. M Visa – For international students who wish to pursue vocational or non-academic studies. There are also subtypes of the M visa.

  • M-1 for students in professional or non-academic studies
  • M-2 for dependents of M-1 visa holders (spouses and unmarried children under 21).

J Visa – For international exchange visitors participating in programs that promote cultural exchange. Applicants must meet the program’s eligibility criteria and be sponsored by a private sector or government program.

UK Student Visa

The UK is the second favorite destination for students who want to study abroad, after the US. This is not surprising because the United Kingdom has four of its universities ranked among the top ten universities in the world: the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, University College London (UCL) and Imperial College London.

Non-EU nationals who plan to study in the UK must apply for a UK student visa, which depends on the age of the students, the course they intend to follow, the length of time required for the course and the type of university or college where they intend to study.

There are two types of student visas for the UK. The first is the Student Visitor Visa (SVV), which is suitable for both those attending English language courses and short academic courses. The second type is the Tier 4 Visa, which is required for academic courses that take a much longer period of time to complete.

#quick #guide #studying

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *