Advantages of a Schengen visa for international students
Seven European countries signed a treaty to abolish border checkpoints in 1985. Today, they are collectively known as the Schengen countries. The Schengen visa allows visitors to stay for a period of 90 days in each of these countries. For international students, this means a chance to find admission opportunities in various educational institutes in these European countries without having to worry about separate visas. In addition, people traveling to Europe to attend conferences, seminars and other types of business events with a Schengen visa do not have to wait to get permission to travel around European nations.
With Schengen, international students can move within different locations in Europe without restrictions and keep their paperwork to a minimum. There are various visa options to make your choice easier and you can find an option that suits you best. Some of the options are as follows:
- Short stay visa – This is the most commonly applied visa for Schengen countries. For students, this means one trip on a student visa. For those who wish to travel as a conference delegate or tourist for at least 90 days in a six-month period, this is an ideal choice.
- Airport Transit Visa – This is for transit through airports of Schengen countries. However, this does not allow you to exit the airport before flying to your next destination.
- Multiple Entry Visa – Those who wish to travel within the Schengen area more than once in a 90-day period, a multiple entry visa is the right choice. To obtain a visa, you must provide relevant evidence of your travel needs.
- Transit visa – With this transit visa, you can travel across the borders of multiple Schengen countries before traveling outside this member area.
Students can consider their specific requirements and choose any of these visas to ensure hassle-free travel during their international travel. One of the main difficulties international students have to face is dealing with cross-border laws and complex documentation. With the Schengen visa coming to your aid, you can make this process hassle-free and concentrate on the purpose of your trip instead of the related formalities. There is a uniform visa requirement due to the presence of a central immigration database. In addition, there is also a common procedure for issuing and processing visas to make the process simple and fast for the benefit of international travelers.
Although this visa does not completely exempt you from immigration control, it gives you a breath of fresh air and allows you to travel independently within the Schengen area for 3 months. To apply for this visa, you need the following documents.
- Completed and signed application form
- Original passport/travel documents
- Passport photo
- Proof of the purpose of the visit
- Evidence of student status
- comprehensive travel insurance
These are only the basic documents required for the procedure. One can approach the embassies to know the complete rules and benefits of the opportunities such a student visa provides.
#Advantages #Schengen #visa #international #students