China travel visa – a few things you need to know

China travel visa – a few things you need to know

A visa is considered one of the many requirements needed for international travel. Only if an application is submitted followed by the issuance of a visa for the said country will a person be allowed to enter the destination country. The visa has different categories designed for very different purposes of entry. This can be as or even more confusing than a passport. As with all other international visas, the China travel visa has many guidelines that must be followed when applying before it can be issued.

Different countries around the world have different visa issuing organizations. In general, passport and visa issuing organizations are the same within a country. Some of the well-known different organizations that issue visas are foreign ministries, embassies/consulates, immigration departments and even police stations in certain countries. These organizations are responsible for issuing visas. Subsequently, these same authorities also have the power to refuse visa applications or to revoke the validity of an issued visa.

There are many different types of tourist visas for China. These visas include D (Residence Visa), F (Business/Visit Visa), G (Transit Visa), L (Tourist Visa), X (Learning/Student Visa) and Z (Work Visa). We will try to provide brief information about these different types of visas.

D (Residence Visa) – Among the required documents is a residence approval certificate, a valid passport with blank visa pages and at least a 6-month validity period. The visa application form (Q1) must be completed and attached with a 2 inch color/black and white passport photograph. A physical examination certificate is also required.

F (Business/Visit Visa) – Similar to the residence visa, but differs in that it requires either an invitation letter from China or an original company visa application letter. For those who were born in China and joined foreign citizenship later, a Chinese passport is required (original or copy accepted). These terms are for one-time applications. Multiple-entry business visas are also available, but they come under a different set of requirements.

G (Transit Visa) – this is self-explanatory with a few questions about the nature of transits that do not require this visa.

L (Tourist Visa) – also self-explanatory. Its requirements (documents) are similar to those of the residence visa.

X (Study/Student Visa) – Again self-explanatory and requires the same documents as the Residence Visa with the additional forms JW201 and JW202 – Notice of Entry to Schools in China and Foreign Student Visa Application respectively.

Z (Employment visa) – Visa for those looking for work. Same as Class D visa with additional foreigner work permit or foreign expert license issued by Chinese authorities. Family members of workers who can prove their relationship with some form of legal documentation should not require employment documents.

#China #travel #visa

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *