Details about the permanent partner visa

Details about the permanent partner visa

The permanent partner visa is something you should be aware of. Basically partner visas have two sub-classes viz. 309 and 100. This visa fully allows the spouse or partner of an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident to reside in Australia. All the details regarding the Subclass 100 Permanent Partner Visa Checklist will be provided below.

Although we know that the visa subclass also allows you to stay in the country, but the fact is that subclass 309 gives you a temporary residence permit, while subclass 100 helps you get a permanent residence visa.

Details regarding eligibility and length of stay are given below.


The main criteria you must meet is that you must be married or in a de facto relationship with one of the following.

  1. Eligible New Zealand citizen.
  2. Permanent residence in Australia
  3. Or an Australian citizen

However, your marriage must be approved under Australian law, which means that if you are 16 or 17, you must have a parent’s permission.


The cost of applying for permanent partner visas under the Act will be AUD 7,000.

Longevity of your stay

There are basically two types of subclasses that allow you to stay in the country.

  1. Under Visa subclass 309, the partner can stay for a temporary period until the permanent partner visa (subclass 100) is approved.
  2. Once you have a subclass 100 visa, you are eligible to stay permanently.


A permanent partner visa is what everyone is looking for and what everyone needs if they want to stay in Australia permanently. Obtaining a permanent partner visa involves two stages which will be given below. To obtain a subclass 100 visa, you must first obtain the subclass 309 temporary partner visas. All of you who are applying for a visa must apply for both visas at the same time, but fees are charged for only one.

If you are lucky and granted a temporary subclass 309 visa, you will be eligible to choose a permanent subclass 100 visa after two years. Additional details and documents are required for a permanent visa.

If you are found to be in a long-term relationship even before you get the temporary partner visa (subclass 309), then the permanent partner visa will be granted to you immediately and therefore you do not need to wait 2 years to get it.

If your partner is under 18, then you must have a sponsor to guarantee your marriage.

In addition, there are other health and character requirements that must be met in order to apply for a permanent visa. If you have any other questions on the topic, you can contact us at any time.

#Details #permanent #partner #visa

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *