Legitimate Credit Repair Services Review: What to Look for in a Company to Help You Fix Your Credit
Credit repair refers to any type of legal action that you or a service provider can take to remove negative items from your credit reports in an attempt to raise your score. Since not all of these services are legal, it’s important to understand your rights. While you can try to repair credit on your own, it’s better to work with professionals with legal experience who have a better chance of success when dealing with your lenders and credit bureaus. How do you know which are the real, legitimate credit repair services?
The first thing you should do is familiarize yourself with the Credit Unions Act (CROA). This law protects consumers from illegal actions by credit repair companies. Here are a few things you should know about your rights:
• Get a company to give you all your legal rights in writing, as well as details of the services it will provide
• You should be given some kind of money back guarantee.
• Your consultation must be FREE and as personalized as possible.
• You should not receive specific promises. Nothing can be 100% certain when it comes to credit repair.
• You should never, ever be expected to deposit money up front. No legitimate credit repair services will try to charge you right away. The only guarantee you should get is the money back guarantee.
• A legitimate company usually has lawyers and paralegals in their network and will not offer solutions or techniques that are not 100% legal.
Guarantees for legitimate credit repair services
Although no company can guarantee specific results, they can show results from previous clients (with the clients’ permission) and give you an idea of what they have been able to do in the past and what they will do to try and help you. Any money you end up paying a legitimate company will likely be much less than the money you stand to lose from bad credit. You may not even be able to rent or buy a home if you have bad credit! Also, in some places you may have trouble finding a job.
Credit bureaus and credit card companies will take your case more seriously if you have a legitimate company working on your behalf. This will really increase your chances of clearing your credit in less time than if you were to do it all yourself.
Where you can find legitimate credit repair services? One company that always seems to get positive feedback from clients is Lexington Law. Paralegals who work on cases are great at communication. You will be informed every step of the way.
#Legitimate #Credit #Repair #Services #Review #Company #Fix #Credit