Start your own dip mix business – sell at special events
You can start your own chip mixing business for less than $400.00. I have been selling dip mixes for years and have made very good money with very little work. These are dipping mixes made from various herbs and spices that you mix with sour cream and mayo. They are great with chips, pretzels, pork rinds, fresh vegetables and sandwiches. You can use these same mixes to make dips, cheese balls, spreads, salad dressings, and are great on baked potatoes.
You can also easily add dessert mixes to your list of products. These are dry mixes that you mix with cream cheese and a whipped topping (like Cool Whip). They make a wonderful no-bake cheesecake, fruit dip, bagel, cream pie, parfait or mousse. Both the dip and dessert mixes come in a small ziplock bag. They last up to a year in your cupboard at room temperature.
All you have to do is buy the mixes from a mixing company and stick your own labels on the bags. soon! You now have a mixing company. You can sell your products at flea markets, festivals, farmers markets, craft shows, fairs, and any other type of special event. All you do is make samples of each flavor and provide cheap pretzel sticks for customers to try the dips. One taste and they sell themselves.
Try to buy your mixes from a company that will teach you the business. Find one that has a start up and running guide to use. This is the sign of a truly professional company that is truly committed to your success. A manual will show you all the tricks of the trade for learning the best ways to run your business while still learning. Don’t just buy the mixes from a company and then go out on your own to try to learn the business. Find a company that will help you sell and get things right with your new company. There is nothing difficult about this business, but you need someone to show you the way. It just helps you learn the business much faster with fewer mistakes.
You sell the dip mixes at 3 FOR $10.00. Your profit is about 60%. In other words, you will make a gross profit of about $6.00 per sale. No sales skills required at all. The product sells itself when the customer tries the product.
There are many advantages in the dipping mix business:
– You can work on your own schedule – part-time or full-time. Make samples days before your event. Fully flexible schedule.
– It’s a funny business. All the events you sell at are fun events. You’re having a good time and you’re making money too. What could be better?
– No ongoing fees. All you have to do is buy the mixes in bulk from a mixing company and put your label on the package. That’s your only requirement. Much cheaper than a franchise.
– Startup costs are less than $400.00 for an assortment of mixed flavors.
– This is a very mass product. Everyone likes at least some flavors of dip. Plus, weight-watchers can make a “light” version of the dips by using fat-free or light versions of the ingredients.
– No need to worry about the product going bad if it doesn’t sell quickly. All flavors sell, some just sell faster than others. No need to worry about throwing some away.
– Dip mixes weigh very little and take up little space in your vehicle. You can store thousands of dollars worth of product in one big plastic tub. Also easy to get in and out of a building for quick booth setup.
– Dipping mixes are pre-packaged foods. This means that in most, if not all states, you do not have to charge sales tax, track taxes, or pay sales tax.
– You can easily add other employees to expand your business to other locations. You can have multiple booths in different locations simply by filling the booths and making more samples. Training your staff is seamless because product sampling does the selling for you. Your staff just takes the money and makes change.
– The best thing is the profits. About 60%, even more for the dessert mixes (which will be sold at 3 for $12.00).
It’s a simple, profitable business with products that sell year-round. People need to eat, even in a recession, and people love dip mixes. For such a small investment, it’s hard to find a better deal to start a small home business.
Want to get into the chip business? Check out the ebook I wrote called START YOUR OWN CHIP BUSINESS. It’s 99 pages of only specific information on starting and running your own dip mix business.
Call 513-752-2646 for more information.
#Start #dip #mix #business #sell #special #events