The pros and cons of streaming TV shows and movies online
For years, you won’t find a home that doesn’t have cable or satellite TV. With such services, you can indulge in your favorite TV shows and popular and classic movies. Of course, you need to keep in mind the time it will be shown and the scheduled replays, if any, so you don’t miss them.
Almost all people have relied on these services in the past. However, this number has gradually decreased over the years due to another option that allows people to watch their favorite TV shows and movies in the comfort of their homes and basically wherever they are at any time of the day or night: online streaming.
By subscribing to an online streaming service and connecting to the Internet, you can watch your favorite TV shows and movies on your device. Apart from your TV, you can use your computer or laptop, tablet and smartphone to watch your show or movie of choice.
Although online streaming offers various advantages for TV and movie lovers, there are still some disadvantages of this service. Here’s a look at the pros and cons of streaming TV shows and movies online:
• Personalized review. With a streaming service, you can choose which shows and movies you want to watch at any given time. While it’s shown on the big and small screen, you can see this when you log into your streaming service account. With the right subscription, you can watch shows without annoying and disruptive ads. Most online streaming services will also recommend movies and TV shows you might like based on your viewing history. Of course, you have the choice to watch them or not.
• They are affordable. Cable and satellite service providers can charge you hundreds of dollars for an annual subscription. Online streaming services, on the other hand, are cheaper; depending on the service you choose, you can pay anywhere between ten and twenty dollars for monthly services.
• Their services are flexible. Finally, cable and satellite companies can lock you into strict annual contracts. Online streaming services are very flexible. You can sign up and cancel your subscription at any time without paying termination fees or penalties.
• High speed internet is important. If you want to have uninterrupted viewing without the video constantly buffering, you’ll need to have a good, fast internet connection at all times. If you currently have a slow one, you may need to upgrade your plan to something that’s faster and more expensive.
• You need to make sure you have the right device. While you may already have a desktop or laptop computer, tablet or smartphone that you can use if you want to watch your favorite shows and movies on the big screen, you’ll need to check if your current TV has Internet connectivity capabilities. If not, you’ll need to invest in a new one.
#pros #cons #streaming #shows #movies #online