THE RUDIMENTS OF EFFECTIVE LEADERSHIP
In my four decades of identifying, qualifying, training, developing, and consulting thousands of actual and/or potential leaders, I have come to the conclusion that in the vast majority of cases, the basics that are so necessary, essential, and important are not given enough attention! Although many serve in various capacities, why is there so little effective leadership? If it were possible to create leaders who have the skills, attitude and willingness to do whatever may be necessary and/or beneficial in the process of making wise decisions, would not their organizations be better served and represented? With this in mind, this article will review, using the mnemonic approach, the RUDIMENTS of effective leadership.
1. relevant; reliable; reach: A person is not a leader unless their focus is appropriate and they are looking for viable solutions! Its decisions must be consistent, reliable and trustworthy. Ask yourself, would you be willing to reach out to those you serve and represent to address their priorities, goals and concerns?
2. Useful; unique: Why do you think you provide certain unique characteristics, etc., that make you better qualified than most to lead effectively and in the most appropriate, meaningful direction? Will you provide useful programs, strategies and plans, or just more of the same-old, same-old?
3. Dive deep; deliver: It’s important to go far beyond mere surface issues! Rather, a cardinal rule of leadership should be to constantly deepen so that you are prepared and able to make well-thought-out decisions! It is never enough to make empty promises and use them colorful rhetoric, but rather you must fulfill your promises and create changes for the better!
4. Imagination; ideas; integrity: How will you ensure that you have the quality imagination that will drive your organization forward? How will you assess the quality of your ideas and how will you implement them consistently? Will you proceed with the level of absolute integrity that your organization deserves and your constituents want and need?
5. Highlight; motivate: One must leave one’s mark, for the better, if one hopes to effectively lead one’s organization in the most desirable direction! A true leader motivates others not with words, but with the quality of their actions!
6. Empathy; energy; superiority: Listen effectively and learn from every conversation, observation, and experience so you can move forward with true empathy! True leaders inspire others with their energy level and strive for personal excellence!
7. Needs: True leadership must focus on and respond to the needs, concerns and priorities of those you serve and represent!
8. Timely; trends: Understand, recognize and determine which trends can be relevant and increase the resilience and potential of your group! Never resort to procrastination, but rather constantly move forward and make well thought out, timely decisions and take meaningful action
9. Strengthening; sustainable system: One never becomes a true leader if one’s efforts and attention do not consistently strengthen one’s organization! The goal should be to address current needs and challenges, but focus on the best, sustainable system you will adopt and invent, create, develop and implement!
Will you use RUDIMENTS of effective leadership so that you can be a better leader? Are you ready, willing and able to do what is necessary and necessary?
#RUDIMENTS #EFFECTIVE #LEADERSHIP