Tss 482 Permanent Resident Visa
Pathways to apply for a medium-term permanent residence Temporary Skill Shortage 482 Visa:
- Employer Sponsored Temporary Transition Stream (ENS/RSMS) for those on the Medium Term List
- Employer Sponsored Direct Entry Stream (ENS / RSMS)
- Total skilled migration ( 189 / 190 / 489 )
- Partner migration (as the partner/spouse/de facto of an Australian permanent resident or citizen)
TSS 482 medium term visa
The medium-term temporary skills shortage visa is:
- granted for four years.
- capacity to renew land visas (not limited to one) and a
- a path to permanent residency in Australia after three years.
This stream is relatively similar to the current 457 visa.
The 482 medium-term visa targets applicants working in a skilled occupation that the government believes is critically needed – and will be needed in the longer term.
To qualify for this visa, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- your occupation should be on the list of medium and long-term strategic skills.
- A minimum of two years of relevant professional experience is required.
- The existing 457 program only requires applicants to have a closely related qualification at the correct level and does not require work experience. For the TSS Visa, each occupation still has a minimum work experience requirement – either three years or five years – based on the skill level of the nominated occupation.
- Applicants must earn minimum wage for the position
- police check.
- Take labor market tests
- Employers will be required to pay a training fee of $3000 or $5000 to the Australian Government for all 186 / 187 applications.
482 Visa To PR in 2018
Holders of a medium-term TSS visa who have worked in Australia for the same employer for three years may be eligible to apply for permanent residence through the transitional (TRT) stream. Based on their postcode, which is regional or metropolitan Australia, TSS visa holders will apply either through the Employer Nominated Scheme (186 ENS) or through the Regional Employer Sponsored Scheme (187 RSMS). The employer must be willing to sponsor the applicant for permanent residence under the temporary residence transition stream and must submit a valid nomination to the Home Office (formerly the Department of Immigration). This is one of the most common ways of permanent residence and gives you all PR rights.
If you are granted a 457 visa after 18 April 2017 outside the MLTSSL list, it can be granted for 4 years. You will be able to apply for a 186/187 permanent visa after 3 years on a 457 visa if that company decides to nominate you.
Can I apply for transition 186 after applying with 2 year TSS 482 visa + 1 year TSS 482 visa: One (only) additional extension will then be allowed for another 2 years. You will not be allowed to apply for a 186/187 permanent visa in this occupation if it is in STSOL.
#Tss #Permanent #Resident #Visa