What are online casinos?
Online casinos are also known as virtual casinos. These are casinos where you can play the same games you play in a real live casino, but online. So in other words, you don’t have to dress up and go to a casino to play, but you can stay at home, relax, enjoy a beer or a cocktail and play to your heart’s content. These casinos are also available 24/7, meaning you can play anytime. All you need is a visa or another form of payment deemed valid by the provider, you must also be 18 years of age and you’re good to go.
What are the different categories you can find in online casinos? Well, you can find almost anything in online casinos like slots or table games, you name it and they have it. They are usually classified into the following categories:
· Slots – games like virtual poker and the normal slot games you can find in a casino
· Scratch – scratch games that are a perfect replica of the scratch cards you buy from lottery booths
· Table games – roulette, blackjack, poker, etc.
· Live Casino – here you are connected via webcam to a live casino where you have a direct confrontation with the dealer, which is usually a queen. Chat service is also available in most live casinos
· Games – Games that look like slots, ex hulk, ironman, scarface and more. Various providers of these games are GTS, NetEnt, etc.
· Jackpots – Slots with very high jackpots
Most casino providers offer bonuses and free spins to customers as an incentive to deposit more money. These bonuses are supplemented with a wagering requirement (for casinos it is usually 35 times the given amount). Once the wagering criteria are met, the money can be withdrawn.
What is the wagering requirement? The wagering requirement is a calculation set by the casino providers to the customers where the customer must play the required amount of bets in order to withdraw their money. Let’s take an example so we can better understand what the wagering requirement is:
You have a bonus offer of 100% up to $100 and you take the full package, therefore you deposit $100 and get a total of $200 to play with. The wagering requirement set by the provider is 20x. Therefore, to be able to withdraw your money, you need to play 200 X 20 times ($4,000) in bets. Once you reach this number, you can withdraw your money.
Usually the providers set a separate wallet for the casinos, since they would offer bonuses in the casinos, they would not want the customers to play the bonus money in sports betting or poker. Therefore, a separate wallet is used. But you can transfer your deposited money at any time to and from the wallets. This is also necessary as the wagering requirements for sports betting are usually 3x to 5x.
So, enjoy the adrenaline rush when you play online games and win. one last thing to remember, always use money management as your first option. Never play more than 5 – 10% of your bankroll, otherwise you will easily make the betting companies richer.