Why should leaders be willing to give CREDIT to others?
Quality, meaningful, effective leadership is not and should never be about someone telling others what to do in the form of, My way or the highway, attitude and mind-set! True leaders understand that they must articulate an inspiring, motivating, compelling set of reasons for others to follow, and this must include avoiding trying to take it all CREDIT, personally, but rather like, ready, willing and able to proactively share the credit and thank and, obviously, appreciate the ideas, participation and efforts of others! After more than four decades of personal and professional involvement in virtually everything involved in effective leadership, from identifying and qualifying, to training, developing and consulting thousands of actual and/or potential leaders, as well as serving, personally, as a leader , on various occasions, I strongly believe and emphasize the importance of this type of concerted effort and emphasis. With this in mind, this article will attempt to briefly examine, examine, review and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents and why it matters.
1. Character; cooperate; coordinate; clarity; conceive; create: As times evolve, doesn’t it make sense that bands should also either lose their staying power and relevance? Truly great leaders have the quality of character and ethics to emphasize, collaborate and coordinate others for the greater good by articulating a message with inspiration, clarity, etc.! They need to think – outside – the box, with an open mind, so that they can perceive and come up with the best options and proceed accordingly by creating a meaningful, meaningful, strategic and action plan!
2. relevant; reliable; reached responsive; responsible: Responsible leaders must formulate a relevant, credible plan that reaches others, proactively and strategically! If one does not, how can one proceed in the most responsible way?
3. Empathy; accent; superiority; endurance; enrich: When one effectively listens and learns from each conversation and experience, and moves on accordingly, one maximizes the opportunity to move on, with true empathy! He must place his emphasis accordingly if he wishes to attain a high degree of perfection, instead of being satisfied with good–enough! To do this requires significant degrees of endurance and persistence to enrich his organization and stakeholders, for the better!
4. Dive deep; I discover; deliver: True leaders must go beyond the surface and the same-old, same-old, and dig deep to find the best way forward! Only then will the best plans be utilized, effective and true leadership delivered!
5. Integrity; inspire; innovation; imagination; include: Only those with absolute integrity, instead of only selectively, are ready to inspire others! They must have a well-thought-out imagination and be willing to innovate when necessary and involve as many stakeholders as possible!
6. Truth/Trust; timely; time-tested; trends; together: If one wants to earn the trust of others, one must earn it by consistently telling the truth! It must continue, with well-considered, timely actions that take into account trends, evolving times and time-tested experience, knowledge and, hopefully, wisdom! True leaders realize and believe that the group and he are in this together!
If you hope to be a leader, will you be ready, willing and able to give, CREDIT, to others, for any kind of help and assistance? Are you up to the task?
#leaders #give #CREDIT